|Job Title||Executive Administrative Support / Office Manager|
|Location||Columbus, Ohio – Sollis Headquarters|
|Reporting||Chief Executive Officer|
Background and position justification:
Sollis Therapeutics is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company developing innovative non-opioid pain therapies to treat important pain conditions. Sollis’ model is to in-license compounds in mid to late stage and complete development work required for approval.
As such, late stage clinical trials are a key part of the strategy of Sollis and critical to our success. Sollis intends to execute clinical trials in partnership with Contract Research Organizations and other service providers. Sollis believes working relationships with such entities is a core competency that can determine success or failure of clinical trial activities and indeed, the company.
The role, Executive Administrator / Office Manager, is intended to provide day-to-day support for corporate executives and for corporate activities and will work at the direction of the CEO. This role will interface with all office based vendors, facilities management and others to ensure proper functioning of Sollis’ physical space. The person will also be responsible for managing the travel schedule and calendar of the CEO and COO, prepare presentation materials for discussions, schedule large group meetings and work with external stakeholders as required.
Summary of Position:
- This position is critical to the successful functioning of the Sollis office and facilities
- The position also will work closely with the CEO, COO, all Sollis employees and external stakeholders
Providing support for outsourced activities:
Is thoroughly familiar with clinical research and the activities of the department. Understands Good Clinical Practices, clinical trial performance, compliance, processes, and procedures.
Supports the Senior Director of Clinical Operations ensuring that Sollis’ needs with respect to clinical trials performance are met.
Is familiar with standards and processes related to engaging vendors to support clinical activities.
Supports the Senior Director of Clinical Operations ensuring that all vendor engagements are well designed, effective, compliant
- Gathers information as needed
- Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) under the direction of the Senior Director.
- Supports in scheduling of meetings and calls
Supports the Senior Director of Clinical Operations ensuring the performance of clinical trials activities
- Authors processes and procedures
- Performs site, vendor, and other stakeholder training
- Provides day to day support for clinical sites, trial partners, and other stakeholders
- Escalates to the Senior Director any observation that may result in compromise in trial performance
Interactions with other functions:
Maintains an excellent working relationship with all internal Sollis staff/functions
This role will also provide support to other Sollis projects and needs, as appropriate.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
Undergraduate degree, preferably in life sciences
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- 5 + years experience in corporate setting, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or other life sciences company
- Thorough understanding of clinical operations, including working knowledge of contemporary clinical trial software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Word and
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work autonomously in executing on
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, identify and solve problems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Attention to details and significant coping skills as required to thrive in a startup
- Proven ability to interact well with a multifunctional team setting
- Can do attitude, flexibility, and mental agility