|Job Title||Clinical Sciences Director|
|Location||Columbus, Ohio – Sollis Headquarters|
|Reporting||Chief Executive Officer|
Background and position justification:
Sollis Therapeutics is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company developing innovative non-opioid pain therapies to treat important pain conditions. Sollis’ model is to in-license compounds in mid to late stage and complete development work required for approval.
As such, clinical trials are a key part of the strategy of Sollis and critical to our success. Sollis intends to execute clinical trials in partnership with Contract Research Organizations and other service providers. Sollis believes working relationships with such entities is a core competency that can determine success or failure of clinical trial activities and indeed, the company.
The role, Director of Clinical Sciences, is intended to provide day-to-day scientific support for clinical trial and other corporate activities, at the direction of the CEO and with dotted line responsibility to the COO. This role will interface with Sollis’ clinical operations staff as well as clinical investigators/site staff and contract service providers to ensure scientific needs of these stakeholders are continuously met and that scientific standards are upheld.
Summary of Position:
- This position is critical to the successful execution of clinical trials and is involved in all Clinical Scientific activities
- The position ensures the proper external communication of scientific principles related to Sollis activities
- The Director of Clinical Science works directly with the CEO to research clinical scientific topics and prepare materials such as scientific presentation and articles
Providing support for scientific activities:
Supports the CEO, COO and other Sollis stakeholders in developing scientific hypotheses and methods of testing them, scientific materials and presentations.
Site / Investigator relationships:
Familiar with Good Clinical Practices and possesses a thorough understanding of clinical research practices and principles. Is familiar with standards and processes related to engaging scientific leaders and clinical investigators.
Supports the Senior Director of Clinical Operations ensuring that clinical sites and investigators have a thorough understanding of clinical scientific aspects of Sollis development compounds and clinical trials activities.
Supports the Senior Director of Clinical Operations ensuring the performance of clinical trials activities
- Performs site, investigator, vendor, and other stakeholder training in Sollis’ products as well as scientific aspects of clinical trials
- Provides day-to-day support for clinical science aspects of Sollis clinical trials
Interactions with other functions:
Maintains an excellent working relationship with all internal Sollis staff/functions
This role will also provide support to other Sollis projects and needs, as appropriate.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
Doctorate degree in health sciences; MD, Ph.D., or Pharm D.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- 6 + years experience in a clinical science role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough understanding of clinical science and operations
- Thorough understanding of Good Clinical Practices and trial compliance
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large bodies of complex information and make information useful to a scientific audience
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams, including with outside participants
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, identify and solve problems
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Continuous quality improvement mindset and attention to details
- Can do attitude, flexibility, and mental agility